EMT current group photo

EMT current group photo
June 2023 Ecuador Mission Team

Meet the 2016 Ecuador Mission Team

Nkosi Odeke
11th Grade
"My passion is soccer, especially playing goalie."
Nkosi will partner with Malcolm to teach both 7th and 8th grades.
The Whitefield team traveled today to La Mitad del Mundo -- the center of the world -- and walked on the equator.  Before heading out, the team had a powerful time with Pancho and Pity during which we talked about the Lord having first place in our lives.  We shared our passions with one another.  The Lord brought us full circle tonight when Hayley Davis shared from the parable of the talents, reminding us to invest our talents wisely.  Pray for each member of the team to allow Jesus to use his or her gifts, talents, and passions to express His love and His glory through them this week.
Henry Sanchez - 11th Grade
"I have a passion for soccer."
Henry is returning to Ecuador for the second time, and he will be
teaching 5th grade with Jared.

Malcolm Griffin - 11th Grade
"My passion is playing baseball."
This is Malcom's second trip with the EMT, and he will be
teaching 7th and 8th grades with Nkosi.

Moriah Cowan - 12th Grade
"I have a passion for volleyball and for photography."
This is the second time that Moriah has travelled to Quito with EMT,
and she will be teaching 1st grade with Adria.

Adria Stevens - 10th Grade
"I am passionate about running; I run a lot!"
Adria is teaching 1st grade with Mariah.

Emma Mixon - 12th Grade
"I have a passion for writing."
Emma is teaching the 2nd grade class.

Maddy Fry - 12th Grade
"I am passionate about writing."
This is Maddy's third trip with the EMT, and she is teaching
3rd grade with Maggie Leigh.

Maggie Leigh Faulk - 12th Grade
"I have a passion for music and for filming."
Maggie Leigh is partnering with Maddy to teach 3rd grade.

Bailey Koenig - 12th Grade
"My passion is for teaching and helping others."
This is Bailey's third trip with the EMT, and she will
be teaching 4th grade.  

William Hellier - 12th Grade
"I have a passion for connecting with people from other cultures."
William and Daniel will be teaching 9th and 10th grades.

Jared Jones - 11th Grade
"I have a passion for books -- for reading and for the stories I find there."
Jared is teaching 5th grade with Henry.

Daniel Justice - 12th Grade
"My passion is music."
Daniel is teaching 9th and 10th grades with William.

Kyle and Susan Justice, chaperones
"My passion is the church of Jesus Christ." - Kyle
"I have a passion for people." - Susan

Haley Davis, chaperone and Middle School English teacher
"My passion is story."
Mrs. Davis is teaching the 6th grade class.

4 comments:

  1. What a great team of students and chaperones! I cannot wait to read how the Lord moves throughout your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! May the Lord increase you more and more as you serve Him and those He loves in Ecuador. What a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the pictures and updates. My prayer for you is to have a safe and marvelous trip. I thank God for the blessings you are giving to the students as you receive the Blessings God is giving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the pictures and updates. My prayer for you is to have a safe and marvelous trip. I thank God for the blessings you are giving to the students as you receive the Blessings God is giving to you.

    ReplyDelete