EMT current group photo

EMT current group photo
June 2023 Ecuador Mission Team

June 10--Our last day at Amor y Esperanza



Me and my class, sexto grado, or 6th grade.
Mrs. Davis here. The students are finally starting to understand my world: the world of Teacher Tired.  We finished our week of teaching with some serious fatigue. Even so, we were all alert and awake to receive the blessing of another one of Pancho's devotionals tonight:

Why do we feel closer to God while on missions? Is it the change of scenery? The emotional high? The different eating and sleeping schedule? Perhaps it's a little of all of these.

Tonight, Pancho offered this answer: we feel closer to God when we are on missions because we are doing the good work of the Gospel. When we're on missions, we are doing the word, not just reading it; we are living Jesus's commandments, not just reading them; we are making God into a verb, not just a noun.

Our relationship with God is just that--a relationship. God asks us to respond; with our mouths, our faith, and our works. In the book of James,--or Santiago--we are reminded that faith without works is dead (2:17). This is a way to take our faith-pulse and we ask ourselves: "What am I doing with my faith? How am I living it out? I say I believe, but who besides me would know if I didn't work/go to a Christian school? How do I know if I even believe what I say I believe?"

The Tae Kwon Do class demonstrated their skills and hard work.
The overarching theme of this trip has been work. Work in the physical sense, yes--and there has been plenty of that--but also work in the spiritual sense. Again and again, we've learned that we can't just sit and wait for God to move when we haven't done our part to praise and acknowledge him. It's a relationship, and we have to relate to God.

We have to do our part and declare, "Satan, you are not welcome here!" We have to fight, fight, fight, against the giants and principalities in our lives. The only weapon we need is the one that we have in endless supply: Christ's Holy Spirit. His power and protection are ours when we vow never to give up--when we work.

Maggie Leigh, doing the good and hard work of the Gospel.
A few of the 4th grade students and one of my 6th graders performed a skit about a chicken--we're not quite sure what it was about, but it was cute!


Mariah with Aylin, a 3 year old "nug" in her class.  
After lunch, Emma, Maggie Leigh, and I went to the nursery affiliated with Amor y Esperanza to say "Hi" to the nuggiest of nugs.

The current Amor y Esperanza building.
We continue to pray for funds and God's provision for the new Amor y Esperanza building, currently stuck in a legal and financial battle.

Tonight, I encourage all of you:

Be faithful.

Do your part.

Fight. Fight. Fight. Never stop fighting for God.


No comments:

Post a Comment