EMT current group photo

EMT current group photo
June 2023 Ecuador Mission Team

Sum '19 -- Day 6 -- Perseverance


Today was another rewarding day of hard work here in Ecuador! We got up, ate a delicious breakfast, and hopped on the bus to Carmen Bajo for another day of teaching and construction.

It is such a joy every day to see the children at Amor y Esperanza in the morning. No matter how tired you feel, the kids have a contagious enthusiasm to learn each day. Every single morning, I have walked into my class and after greeting me, the kids immediately ask what we are going to do that day with a huge smile on their face. The kids have such a love for us and many of them hug me every time I walk by. Even when I feel like I haven’t prepared enough lesson plans, the kids continually show me that they are so grateful for us and that they are willing to try any activity we set before them.

After class, we ate lunch and enjoyed some fellowship with one another. I have loved getting to know people in other grades that I wouldn’t normally talk to on this trip. We have had so many opportunities to bond as a group and really get to know every person on the team.

Once we finished lunch, everyone boarded the bus once again for the short drive to the new building. It is amazing to see all the work that has been accomplished on the building, especially since I came to Ecuador with my family two years ago. I think it is very special that once the building is done, the team will be able to come teach in the new school and know that all the previous Whitefield teams had played a huge part in the construction of the building. I feel God is really working through us, especially through the construction of the building. It feels so good to give rather than receive and see the progress that we have made. This week, different groups of the team have been sanding and plastering the walls, painting, and tiling the floors. We have made a huge amount of progress due to the hard work everyone has put in!

Though this trip has been very hard work and we’ve stayed up late every night and though I was feeling like I just couldn’t teach anymore, the Lord always picks me back up and allows me to persevere. The work we have done has been so rewarding, both through the kids’ lives and the construction work, and I can’t wait to see what the Lord will do in the next few days!

-- Zoe
























No comments:

Post a Comment