EMT current group photo

EMT current group photo
June 2023 Ecuador Mission Team

Day 5: A Student's Perspective

Hey Y'all, this is Will Overstreet (not the one in the picture below) and I'll be writing the blog for Wednesday! In case you don't know who I am, I'm a senior and I'm the one in the gray shirt in the middle of the picture above. I just really like this picture.
Our day started with our morning rally as usual with us singing Mi Faro (my lighthouse en espaƱol) and a quick talk from Pitty to get all the kids started for the day. As the big kids moved out, we had another round with the younger kids and sang a few more songs before we ended it off with a student tunnel with them going back to their classrooms, where we shortly followed.
Back in the classroom, Nolan and I taught our first of two days of Bible Class. While we had a few different stories in mind, we ended up mainly focusing on the story of Joseph's Coat of Many Colors. The picture below is from Monday when we we're teaching English but I put it in because it's a great action shot and also has Ally in it, the children's actual teacher who teaches English and helps us translate. In all honesty, without her, Nolan and I would definitely be struggling a lot more than we are now, so we're very thankful for her. Not sure if we already posted this photo but I'm reposting it for this shoutout.
Later into the day after we finished teaching the kids and after we ate lunch, we moved onto VBS. I had a different group today but connected with them pretty well right off the bat. Danjo, Davis, Mavi (Mary Victoria, our translator) and I ended up having a lot of fun coloring the path outside of the building and playing on the playground with all of the kids.
After playing with them for a little while, we all grouped together and I read them the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den, with Mavi translating and Danjo and Davis asking some questions at the end and closing out with a quick prayer before we said goodbye.
We ended the day off by going to a surprise pizza place (Pizza Hut) and while we planned on going to see a movie after, we had some issues with timing so now we're going to go see Jurassic World on Thursday. We went back to the school and had a good night of planning and working on the mural, and we ended the day having some time with just the team outside before we headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment